C60 Usage & Dosage
A very meticulous biohacker used C60 for over a year, recorded a number of observations and made good recommendations…
- It’s really important to consume it in fresh olive oil. Don’t purchase C60 unless they tell you the harvest date of the olives.
- If you have an adverse reaction to C60 that probably has something to do with bad olive oil.
- Stale C60 or olive oil will result in adverse effects.
The majority of Biohackers that use it, use it daily.
Most Biohackers use between 1 milligram – 2 milligrams daily
A woman who used it to cure macular degeneration consumed a small 60 milliliter bottle (40 milligrams of C60) of the stuff every sunday, over a 24 hour period.
Many take it on an empty stomach but there doesn’t seem to be consensus as to whether this is better than taking it with food or whatever liquid cocktail of health supplements that you like to blend.
Some rub it into their skin to treat wrinkles.
In a survey of over a hundred C60 users 59% reported no side effects. A minority reported side effects such as pain, headache, dizziness, etc
C60 has a detoxification effect that can trigger a Herxheimer Reaction — When your body detoxes it kills a lot of bacteria that may release a lot of toxins which may result in some unpleasant temporary symptoms;
- Hot and cold sweats
If you’re in bad general health your body is probably rife with toxins and you may find the first few days or week of C60 unpleasant. This can be mitigated by taking steps to detox before using C60…
- Fasting; 12-16 hour intermittent daily fasting in combination with longer 2-4 day fasts.
- Taking other more mild antioxidants like Vitamin C.
- Eating a lot of antioxidant rich foods like blueberries or grapes.
- Drinking lots of water or tea.
- Doing a coffee enemas.
- Don’t take it with Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
Risk Grade: B
- Unfortunately C60 has not yet been evaluated in human anti-aging or performance enhancement trials. Taking it you need to place some faith in the animal studies, the subjective experiences of its many users and the self experimentation reports from the biohacker community on Longecity
- The 2012 study pointed out that it several independent research groups showed that C60 has no acute or sub-acute toxicity in various experimental models. Remarkably there was no determinable LD50 dosage; this means the dose required to kill a rat. You don’t need to give a rat very much caffeine for example before it will drop dead, for example. In the case of C60 there was no LD50 dosage, the rats could consume extreme amounts of the stuff without fatal toxicity occurring. This is not the case with numerous Nootropics and anti-aging supplements and is very encouraging for risk averse biohackers.
- Dr. Fathi Moussa, the lead researcher of the Paris study confidently expressed that raw C60 itself is totally non-toxic.
- It reduces blood pressure.
The important thing to understand when researching C60 that it’s a quintessential research chemical, it lacks rigorous human clinical trials evaluating its anti-aging effects. Generally I urge skepticism of research chemicals, I usually recommend that biohackers first use Mitochondrial support supplements, Adaptogenic herbs or well researched Nootropics like the Racetams but C60 really stands out among research chemicals because of its virtually non-existent toxicity. The research done at labs and universities around the world that has been done makes me confident that there’s no significant downside to the stuff and the anecdotal evidence is abundant indicating that it could be a real longevity gamechanger.